Spokester position overview
Mission of the Spokester:
The Young & Free Maine Spokester is the voice of the 18-to-25 Maine crowd. This person is aware of what’s happening in the lives of people 18 to 25, can relate to them and can capture the essence of what this group is about.
What does the Spokester do?
The Young & Free Spokester will work full time attending events and posting daily blog entries and weekly video blog entries. Throughout the year, there will be numerous travel and speaking commitments.
The Spokester will:
- Be an advocate for the 18-to-25 Maine crowd and represent Maine's Credit Unions.
- Create YouTube videos, blog, attend cool events and… just be you!
We’ll set you up with everything you need to do your job well, including:
- Apple® MacBook Pro notebook computer
- HD video camera with microphone and accessories
- Smart phone with a paid contract during your term
- The use of a car to get around to events
These will be your tools of the trade. Plus, you get to keep the computer.
The successful applicant must be:
- Self-motivated and able to talk to anyone, anytime
- Dynamic, likeable and outgoing
- Creative and energetic in writing and other communications
- Comfortable on camera
- Computer savvy
- Able to film, edit and upload video
- Comfortable with all things web
- Organized and show strong follow-through on ideas and plans
The Young & Free Spokester must have a high school diploma. If the successful candidate is attending post-secondary school he or she will be encouraged to continue with his or her schooling, however, with the full-time commitment for this job, the Spokester may need to scale back classes and other commitments to fit the requirements of the position.
The Young & Free Spokester is required to:
- Be or become a member of a participating credit union in Maine
- Travel, attend and speak at events throughout the year
- Post daily blog entries and weekly video blogs
- Understand every aspect of Maine's Credit Unions and the free4ME Checking Account
- Understand the general history of credit unions and the benefits of being a member by attending required credit union training classes
- Film and edit video episodes for broadcast on the Young & Free Maine microsite through YouTube
- Attend events as requested by the Young & Free team
- Participate in media interviews as requested
- Reply to member/fan email within 24 hours
- Reply to member/fan text messages within 24 hours
- Based on feedback from the 18-to-25 crowd, provide suggestions to Young & Free team about:
– Video and blog post topics
– Trends to watch for this age group
– Ways to improve the free4ME Checking Account
– Events to attend in the future
- Keep proper care of all equipment and car supplied by the Contest Sponsors
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Maintain all deadlines and notify Young & Free team if there will be any problems with scheduling
- Complete all tasks in a diligent manner
- As a representative of Maine's Credit Unions in the community, the Young & Free Maine Spokester is expected to conduct himself or herself in a professional manner
The full offer of employment, including terms, conditions, equipment supplied and hours of work will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Public voting:
June 16 at 3 p.m. to June 27 at 3 p.m.
- Top 3 blogs and videos due:
June 13 at 3 p.m.
- Spokester named:
By June 28