These Official Rules are speciﬁc to the Young & Free Maine Spokester Search.
Definition of terms: for the purposes of this Search the terms “application” or “submission” refers to original video or blog.
By entering The Search, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Search Sponsors. You also agree to comply with all applicable state laws.
The “Sponsors” are the Maine Credit Union League, Maine's Credit Unions, and Currency Marketing who own and operate the Young & Free Maine Program.
- Application Period of The Search begins at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) March 31, 2014 and closes at 3:00 p.m. ET May 19, 2014.
- In-person interviews with selected entrants will be held May 27, 2014. Interviews will be held at the Maine Credit Union League Office, 2 Ledgeview Drive, Westbrook, Maine. Time of interview will be confirmed individually with each of the selected applicants. Attendance is mandatory.
- The Finalists will be required to submit one additional blog and video due 3:00 p.m. ET June 13, 2014. These submissions are mandatory.
- Public Voting Period of The Contest begins at 3:00 p.m. June 16, 2014 and ends at 3:00 p.m. ET June 27, 2014.
- Announcement of the Spokester will be made on or about June 28, 2014.
- A maximum of one (1) entry per person will be accepted.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States residing in Maine.
- At the time of the application deadline, entrant must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Current paid employees (including student employees and interns), retirees and representatives of the Sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies agents, associates, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies—and their immediate family members (including spouse, children, step-children, parents, step-parents, in law parents, brothers and sisters) or anyone domiciled with such person or persons are not eligible to apply.
- The Search Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the application process.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Search Sponsors for the purpose of their application must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- In the event of a dispute, submissions shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the application.
One (1) grand award will be given: The grand award winner will be offered employment serving for approximately 12 months in a full-time position as the Young & Free Maine Spokester. The full offer of employment including terms, conditions, equipment supplied and hours of work will be provided to the winner.
The winner must be eligible to work in the U.S., be available to work full time in the Portland, Maine area during the employment period and consent and be subject to the Search Sponsors' usual employment background checks.
Two (2) runner-up awards will be given: Each of the runners-up will be awarded a $250 gift card and $50 for expenses.
All awards must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs associated with accepting an award shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the Search the applicant agrees that he or she is willing and able to accept the published published awards, in the event that he or she becomes a finalist or the Spokester.
To be eligible to claim a prize, each winner must:
- Sign a Release Form declaring compliance with the Official Rules, assigning all rights to the submission, to the Contest Sponsors, and releasing the Contest Sponsors, their affiliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the prizes awarded.
- Produce valid identiﬁcation and, if requested by the Contest Sponsors, proof of age and photo identiﬁcation.
How to enter
- No purchase or entry fees are required to apply.
- Apply by visiting YoungFreeMaine.com and following instructions for presenting your application.
Application must consist of:
- A fully completed application form
- A current resume
- A written statement , maximum 500 words describing how the applicant would use their creativity and skills in the Spokester position; how they would bring a unique perspective to the role and what personal goals, vision and expectations they would set for themselves for their year as Young & Free Maine Spokester.
- A current online portfolio consisting of examples of writing and videos and any other examples of work demonstrating creativity, technical skills and experience
- If the applicant does not have an online portfolio, individual documents or links may be uploaded or attached in the application form, of examples of writing and videos and any other examples of work demonstrating creativity, technical skills and experience
In person interviews will be held with selected applicants on May 27, to help determine the finalists.
Applicants that are chosen as finalists to move on to the voting phase will be required to submit an additional video and blog post, which will be posted on the Young & Free Maine website.
The requirements for the additional video and blog are as follows:
- A short video (recommend 60 seconds) based on the written statement provided in the original application phase.
- A Blog post the applicant would write a the Young & Free Maine Spokester (entertaining and financial specific)
Detailed instructions and reminder of deadline date will be forwarded to finalists.
The Sponsors will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
The application must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for The Search:
- Meet the technical speciﬁcations required for it to be uploaded to, and received by, the website by the end of the entry phase of The Search.
- Not contain any language or images or content that conﬂicts with any of the Sponsors core values, or otherwise be objectionable to the Sponsors (as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- Not contain any content that violates any law or any third party's rights (including trademark, copyright, privacy, personal and intellectual property rights).
By entering The Search you represent and warrant that you:
- Are the original creator of all components of the application
- That the application meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- Agree that the video(s) and/or blog(s) submitted with the application are being submitted on a non-conﬁdental basis and, the Sponsors may, post to a website, use in advertising, or otherwise use that entry in connection with The Search without compensation.
How to vote
The public may vote for their favorite finalist during the vote period by visiting www.YoungFreeMaine.com and following the instructions on the search website. Voting will be open to the general public. Vote totals will not be released to the public nor participants.
There is a limit of one vote per legitimate email address during the voting period. Votes that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be disqualified.
Votes made under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artiﬁce to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries will be disqualified.
The use of any type of online vote garnering site or automated vote generating systems is prohibited.
Selecting the Spokester
Selected applicants will be invited to an in-person interview, with representatives of the Maine Credit Union League. Three finalists will then be determined to move on to the public vote phase on the YoungFreeMaine.com site. The Spokester will be determined based on their original application, in-person interview, result of the public vote, additional submissions, and their suitability for the job.
Announcing the Spokester
The successful candidate will be announced on YoungFreeMaine.com and in the media on or about June 27, 2014. Potential winners who cannot be contacted, despite reasonably diligent efforts, may be disqualified.
Awarding the awards
In order to be eligible to be given an award each recipient must:
- Sign a Declaration of Compliance with the Official Rules and an Assignment, Release and Indemnity Form, assigning all rights to the submission to the Sponsors, in connection with the application, including all copyrights and moral rights and releasing the Sponsors, their affiliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with application process or the awards given.
- Confirm that you are the original creator of the submission and that you own all rights to it and are able to fully assign all rights to the Search Sponsors as contemplated above.
- The Sponsors may at any time in their sole discretion disqualify any entrant who: does not meet The Search eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the Search in any manner or through any means other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt the application process or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
- The decisions of the Sponsors in relation to the search, will be ﬁnal and binding on all entrants.
- The shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine.
- The Sponsors will not enter into correspondence with any applicants except with the selected finalists and Spokester and at the Sponsors’ own initiative.
By entering the application process, you acknowledge that The Search Sponsors will have the unrestricted and exclusive right to use your submission for purposes of promoting The Search including but not limited to, publishing it in an electronic form on the Young & Free Maine website and elsewhere for promotional purposes without further compensation. The Search Sponsors also have the right to (but are not required to) use each applicant’s name, image, likeness, age, and biographical information in credit along with the submission.
By participating in The Search, each applicant agrees to be bound by The Official Rules, posted at www.YoungFreeMaine.com. Applicants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Search Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Search Sponsors reserve the sole right, and discretion, to disqualify any applicant found to be: (a) violating The Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of The Search; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of Young & Free Maine and/or Maine Credit Union League; and/or (d) acting in an unprofessional, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Disclaimers, liability and indemnification
By participating in The Search, you release and agree to indemnify and hold the Search Sponsors and their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotional agencies harmless from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in The Search or receipt or use of any award.
The Search Sponsors shall have no liability for any loss or damage to any submissions entered in The Search or for any other loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from your participation in The Search.
Privacy/use of personal information
If for any reason the Search Sponsors cannot run The Search as planned, (including as a result of bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, infection by computer virus or any other cause that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of The Search the Search Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend The Search. In that event, the Search Sponsors may determine the winner from among the eligible applicants received up to the time of the impairment, or cancel The Search.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of The Search Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any The Search-related materials, including but not limited to The Search application form, or point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Public voting:
June 16 at 3 p.m. to June 27 at 3 p.m.
- Top 3 blogs and videos due:
June 13 at 3 p.m.
- Spokester named:
By June 28