Prizes in two categories – Soloists/Duos or Groups
1ST PRIZE IN BOTH CATEGORIES
One 1st Prize package in each category consists of a $500 Gift Certificate at Main Street Music Studios, Bangor. Prize may go towards a recording session, musicians or iTunes prep. The winners of the first prize will also be awarded a spot to perform live at the Old Port music festival, held in June 2016. Exact details of the date, time and venue to be confirmed as they become available.
2ND PRIZE IN BOTH CATEGORIES
One 2nd Prize package in each category will be awarded. The 2nd Prize package will be a promotional video showing both an interview with the Spokester and live performance. Exact details of the date, time, and venue to be confirmed as they become available.
3RD PRIZE IN BOTH CATEGORIES
One 3rd Prize package in each category will be awarded. The 3rd Prize package will be a collection of customized marketing collateral for future use by the winners.
All winners may also be featured on the Young & Free Maine website with a video, a blog or both. All prizes must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
Who can enter
- Legal residents of Maine who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
- Solo musicians 18 to 25 years old.
- Duos or Bands with at least one member who is 18 to 25 years old.
- Must be an original music (and lyrics), written and performed by the solo artist, duo or band submitting the entry.
- May be a music video or audio only recording.
- Cannot contain objectionable or offensive language or images.
- Be complete and entered before the deadline at 3:00 p.m. on Monday February 29, 2016.
How to enter
- Read the official rules.
- Meet the requirements.
- Complete the entry form and provide a link to your music video or upload an audio recording.
How to win
- Be sure to tell all your friends, family and fans to vote for you March 2-17, 2016.
- Get enough votes to be one of the three finalists to move on to the judging round for your chance to be chosen the next Sound Off Champion.
- Finalists will be required to perform a live audition on Thursday, March 31, 2016, at the Next Generation Theatre, Brewer.
- Finalists will be given all details and instructions.
- A judging panel will determine the 2016 Sound Off champion and two runners up in each category: Soloists/Duos or Groups.
- There is a limit of one vote per legitimate email address.
- The use of online vote garnering sites or automated vote generating systems is not allowed.
- Votes suspected of being made via a vote generating site or under multiple identities, or through the use of any method to vote in excess of the permitted number will be disqualified.
Make sure to read the requirements and the official rules—the answer you are looking for may already be there. If not, please send us an email at email@example.com. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours. If you send your question on the weekend, it may be Monday before we get back to you.
Sound Off Information
- Entry deadline:
Monday, February 29 at 5 p.m.
- Public voting:
Wednesday, March 2 to Thursday, March 17 at 3 p.m.
- Top Three Finalists announced:
Friday, March 18
- Finalists live audition:
Thursday, March 31
- Winners announced:
Thursday, March 31