You expect to answer some questions in a job interview, but you might not expect to face questions like these.
Glassdoor, a career guidance company, compiles a list of questions for job seekers every year to help with interview preparation. These are among the strangest questions that were asked in 2012. How would you handle these questions?
1. “How many cows are in Canada?”
This very random question was asked in an interview at Google for the position of local data quality evaluator.
2. “If you were to get rid of one state in the U.S., which would it be and why?”
This question was asked in an interview for a research associate candidate at Forrester Research.
3. “If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?”
An interviewer for Trader Joe’s asked this of a candidate for a crew position.
4. “How do you make a tuna sandwich?”
If you’re going out for an office manager position at Astron Consulting, be prepared to answer this question.
5. “Estimate how many windows are in New York.”
This isn’t a question, but a candidate for an associate consultant position at Bain & Co. had to provide his best guess in an interview.
6. “What’s your favorite song? Perform it for us now.”
This question was asked in an interview for the Adventures city manager candidate at LivingSocial.
7. “Have you ever stolen a pen from work?”
Well, have you? If you’re interviewing for a software architect position at Jiffy Software, you better be prepared to answer this question.
8. “What kitchen utensil would you be?”
A marketer candidate was asked this question in an interview at Bandwidth.com.
9. “How would you direct someone else on how to cook an omelet?”
An interviewer at PETCO asked an analyst candidate this question.
10. “A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
This is my favorite question on the whole list. What would a sombrero-wearing penguin say? This question was asked at Clark Construction Group in an interview for an office engineer position.
For more strange interview questions, read the article on Money Watch.
Pick one of these questions and answer it in the comments or on Facebook!