Being on holiday break from school is AWESOME. As of now, you're probably looking at another two to three weeks more of vacation. Sometimes after the holidays have passed, it can be hard to fill up all of your time. Especially with a small budget.
Having nothing to do can be great, but it can also lead to a cabin fever! After a couple of days sleeping in and playing video games, our options start to run low. So… what do you do when you have nothing to do?
Instead of being bored, consider the following:
- Try a new work out at home like yoga, plyometrics or bodyweight exercises
- Go to you local library and find new books, magazines, or movies
- Write a letter to someone you care about, or start on those thank you cards from all your holiday presents
- Bake something delicious or try cooking a new dish
- Call an old friend, one who you keep meaning to talk to
- Learn new things by watching “how-to” videos on YouTube
- Listen to a thought provoking podcast
- Have a movie marathon
- Turn on some awesome music and dance
- Clean out your closets and make a donation pile of old & unwanted clothes
- Do some crosswords or play Sudoku
- Become left handed if you’re right handed
- Became right handed if you’re left handed
Hopefully this helps you ease some of the possible boredom you experience during break! But remember be thankful for this lull, soon enough you'll be back to being a busy college student. So relax, and enjoy being bored!