1. Be yourself
If you've been asked to an interview, the employer wants to get to know you.
It's good to prepare and have some answers in mind, but make sure that your personality comes through, that you're being honest, and that you are letting the interviewers get to know who you are.
2. Do research
Part of being prepared means doing research on the organization. What are the organization's values? What is their mission? What are their goals?
If the employer asks you questions relating to the organization, or what you can bring to the table, you'll be ready to answer.
By researching beforehand, you can determine where you align with the organization. What will you bring to the table, and what ideas do you have for your potential next role?
3. Be professional
- Never bring your phone into an interview. If you do, make sure it's off, and don't check it!
- Dress the part. Choose clothes that fit you well, that are clean, and polished. Check shirt sleeve length, pant length, and size to make sure your clothes aren't too baggy or too small.
- Practice. The best way to get better at answering interview questions is to practice. Have someone ask you questions, and give you feedback. When you get into the interview, you'll feel much more prepared!
4. Know your goals
Be prepared to share some of your personal and professional goals. This question often comes up in interviews, because the employer wants to know what your future aspirations are.
Here is a list of common interview questions to help you practice!
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
- What is your greatest professional/personal achievement?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What's your dream job?
- What are you looking for in a new position?
- What's a time you exercised leadership?
- Tell me about yourself
- Why would you excel at this job?
- What would you do in your first 90 days in this position?
- What's your definition of creativity?
If you're in the market for your next position, make sure to check out my job that is now up for grabs!! Applications will be accepted until April 29!
Good luck and take care!