In the mood for something a little lighter after all those Christmas cookies? I know I am.
This recipe was inspired by a post on Pinterest. I found a picture of a delicious looking avocado chicken salad, but the link didn't lead me to a recipe. Instead, I was left to invent one on my own based on what I saw in the picture. I'm very pleased with the results and I hope you will be, too!
This chicken salad doesn't rely on mayonnaise to get it's creamy texture. Instead, it uses avocado and lime juice for a flavorful and healthy dressing. Enjoy this chicken salad on a tortilla, with chips, on crackers, or just by itself.
Healthy, light and delicious! Just what we need after a season of treats.
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or by hand, chop chicken until shredded.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, avocado, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mash and mix with a fork until combined.
- Sample and adjust lime juice, salt and pepper if necessary.
So simple! I think I'll have this for dinner tonight.
Have a happy and healthy weekend, everyone!