Is there some big sporting event this weekend? A kickball game of some sort?
Oh, right! The Super Bowl is this Sunday. Our beloved New England Patriots aren't in it this year (sorry if I'm opening up any wounds for you guys) but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a Sunday full of football, fantastic commercials, a rumored Destiny's Child reunion, and delicious game day food.
This buffalo chicken dip is one of my most requested recipes. My family, friends, and roommates beg me to make this super simple dish consisting of chicken, cream cheese, Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce, ranch dressing, and mozzarella cheese. I'm warning you, make it once and you'll be making it for every major event or get together you're invited to. You may even get invited places just for the dip.
Throw together a batch or two for the game this weekend. It's so delicious you won't even realize that the Pats aren't playing. Maybe.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 pkg cream cheese
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce
3/4 cup ranch dressing (or bleu cheese)
1 bag (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred chicken by hand or in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and buffalo wing sauce. Set aside.
- In a 9" pie dish or similar oven-safe dish, spread package of cream cheese into a thin, even layer.
- Spread shredded buffalo chicken on top of cream cheese layer.
- Pour ranch dressing over chicken layer and spread evenly.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until shredded cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
I made a batch a few nights ago specifically to photograph for this blog post. I had to fight my roommates off to get the perfect shot and then they devoured it in 5 minutes flat.
Enjoy your weekend, everyone!