It was only a matter of time before I got back into the cookie baking mood at ended my healthy eating streak. These cookies were well worth it.
A friend requested I turn this popular cake into a cookie. Challenge accepted and mission accomplished.
Carrot Cake Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups grated carrots (I chopped them very finely with my food processor)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt and whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer or in a large bowl with an electric beater, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, stirring until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Stir in grated carrots.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls at least 1 inch apart (they will spread!) Bake for about 12 minutes. Edges will be slightly golden.
- Allow to cool before frosting. Recipe for Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting below.
Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
3 heaping tablespoons marshmallow fluff
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tsp water
- Whisk all ingredients in a stand mixer or an electric beater until light and fluffy. Whisk in additional confectioners sugar if necessary, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Enjoy this lovely spring weekend, everyone!