Fresh, light, healthy, flavorful, quick and easy. This dish has it all!
The best part about this dish is many of the ingredients are on sale this week in honor of Cinco de Mayo! At Hannaford, you'll find avocados, red onions, cilantro, and limes all on sale for the festive holiday this weekend. All the more reason to make this for dinner tonight!
Honey Lime Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 1/2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and place in glass baking dish.
- Pour sauce over chicken. If desired, allow chicken to marinate up to 2 hours.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring half way through to ensure even coating.
- Top with Pineapple Avocado Relish.
Pineapple Avocado Relish
1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 an avocado, diced
juice from half a lime
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and stir.
I served mine with a side of quinoa prepared in vegetable broth, but you can add white or brown rice to complete the meal as well.
Have a lovely weekend everyone!