Welcome to the first ever Fresh Baked Friday!
I love baking. Cookies, bread, brownies, muffins, cakes, pastries, pizza… The list goes on.
I have a bunch of recipes I’ve been dying to try and lucky for you, the Fresh Baked Friday segment on the Young & Free Maine blog will be an outlet for my baking obsession. I’ll always try to include an original picture of whatever I make and offer some of my favorite tips and tricks I’ve picked up in the kitchen.
Independence Day is a big deal for my friends, family and I. So, in honor of the great American holiday next week, I decided to try out a fun and easy Fourth of July themed treat.
Red White and Blue Strawberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 tbsp shortening
1 lb fresh strawberries
- Prep a baking tray or plate with wax paper.
- Wash and dry strawberries, set aside.
- Put sprinkles in bowls or on plates for dipping, set aside.
- Combine white chocolate and shortening in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue melting and stirring at 15-second intervals until chips are mostly melted and have a creamy consistency.
- Dip strawberries in white chocolate, shaking off any extra in the bowl.
- Immediately dip in sprinkles and place on waxed paper to set.
- Refrigerate and serve the same day.
So easy! I ended up having a little white chocolate left over and decided to dip some pretzels in as well. I mean, you can’t just let white chocolate go to waste. Right?
What is your favorite Fourth of July food? Will you be making any red, white and blue treats this year?