Sometimes you just need a brownie. A warm, chocolatey brownie. But what if you want a brownie, but don't want the oil or gluten that comes along with it? That's where these oatmeal brownie bites come in.
Baker Bettie provided this delicious recipe on her blog and I am so glad I tried it. Even my picky little brother said they were tasty! The oatmeal flour allows you to create a gluten free treat that's still moist and delicious. Try 'em with a scoop of vanilla almond milk ice cream for the perfect weekend treat!
Oatmeal Brownie Bites
1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 24 mini muffin tins.
- In a blender or food processor, grind old fashioned oats into oat flour. Pour into a medium sized bowl. Add baking soda and cocoa powder and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, peanut butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until completely combined. Mixture will be thick and fluffy. Add chocolate chips, if desired.
- Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the brownies comes out clean.