Why have regular old banana bread when you can have peanut butter banana bread? This spin on a classic is a delicious treat that'll have you coming back for seconds and thirds.
I made this bread a few nights ago for my roommates. Within 20 minutes the entire loaf was gone. Yeah, it's that good.
It's so simple to prepare and is a great way to use up those bananas that have turned a little too brown.
Try a slice with a little Nutella this weekend. I dare you.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
2 overripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a regular bread pan (9" x 5") with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, melted butter, vanilla extract and eggs until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Thanks to PDXfoodlove for inspiring this recipe.
I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!