I know what you're thinking. "Kylie, it's not Friday!" While I have been a little scatter-brained lately thanks to the holidays, I still know what day of the week it is. Fresh Baked Friday is a day early this week because of a BIG announcement coming tomorrow. Until then, here's a quick recipe for those of you looking for a sweet treat that won't wreck your healthy eating goals.
You can thank Austin, the Young & Free Michigan spokester, for requesting this kind of recipe.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
2/3 cup raw almonds
1/3 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup ground flax
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup craisins
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup honey
1 cup chunky peanut butter
- Line an 8" x 8" or 7" X 11" baking dish with parchment paper
- In a food processor or powerful blender, pulverize the raw almonds, raw cashews and peanuts for about 10 seconds or until only small pieces remain.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed nuts, rolled oats, ground flax, chocolate chips, craisins and raisins. Mix well.
- Melt peanut butter in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Add melted peanut butter and honey to granola mixture. Stir until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Press mixture into baking dish until firmly packed.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour then cut into squares or bars.
These granola bars are an easy, healthy snack to satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your New Year's Resolution. Thank you to Austin and Sally's Baking Addiction for inspiring this recipe.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's big announcement!