Have you ever eaten puppy chow? I'm not talking about the actual food you feed your dogs, but the chocolatey sweet cereal treat that pops up around the holidays. It is incredibly delicious and incredibly irrisistible!
This recipe puts a twist on the original with white chocolate and bits of candy cane. This sweet snack mix pairs perfectly with a cup of hot cocoa. It comes together in a snap, too, so you can whip it up no matter how busy your holiday season is. Bring it to a family party and you'll be the most popular person there!
5 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 12oz. bag white chocolate chips
1 cup crushed candy canes (about 12 candy canes)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Place Chex cereal in a large bowl with a cover. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl at 30 second increments, stirring each time.
- Pour melted chocolate over Chex cereal, carefully folding chocolate into cereal with a rubber spatula or spoon until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Add crushed candy canes to the cereal and stir.
- Pour powdered sugar over cereal mixture and cover the bowl tightly. Shake (really shake!) until all cereal is coated with powdered sugar.
Will you be making any sweet treats to give as gifts this year? Share your ideas!