It’s about that time again! Whether you are a senior in high school, or a senior in college, it is time to start thinking about going back to school!
That means shopping for school supplies, books, apartment furnishings, and little things here and there (which can all really add up!) So, I made a list for you to keep your shopping on track, with creative ways to get things for FREE (or at least for cheap).
Shopping Checklist for Back to College:
- Shower Caddy
- Other shower and bathroom essentials (i.e. soap, shampoo, razors, toothbrush/paste, etc.)
- WARDROBE (can’t forget your clothes); with that, you’ll need some HANGERS
- Shoe organizer (for those of us with tons of shoes)
- Desk organizers
- Calendar/Planner/Whatever keeps you organized
- Boxes for storage
- Electrical outlet extension
- Other electronics
- Paper, binders, notebooks, pens, pencils, etc. etc. etc.
- THIS IS SO MUCH STUFF.
- Random room decorations
- Other random personal things (i.e. video games, game systems, hobbies, etc.)
- Don’t forget to save money for BOOKS (if you haven’t bought them already)
Purchased at full price, all this stuff can add up to ….. a lot of money.
Luckily, there are ways to cut back on costs without losing out on your FABULOUS dorm or apartment lifestyle.
**Check out THE DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB!!! “Shave Time. Shave Money.” It’s no scam, it’s a way to “shave” on your razor purchases. It’s only a dollar per month (plus the cost of shipping) and you get your razors delivered to your door, monthly! Talk about convenient. (check them out online)
**Design your own organizing boxes! Check out Young & Free Michigan’s awesome shoe box organizer idea!! http://www.youngfreemichigan.com/blog/its-for-real-its-for-free-its-friday-shoe-boxes
**Do-It-Yourself: Whenever you can make something yourself, why go out and buy it!? Check out my future blogs for some awesome DIY projects! Or Google your own ideas!
**Don’t buy stuff twice! Look at your old stuff, from last year, and REUSE!! If you have leftover binders, unused notebooks, or blank paper, reuse them. You can easily remove papers from a binder, clip them together, and make it MUCH easier to store the old stuff.
**Ask older siblings, cousins, friends, or whoever, if they have stuff left over from their college dorm or apartment that they aren’t using.
I hope these tips have been helpful. Come back for some more savings tips and DIY projects!