Bear with me, grilling potatoes is not the ordinary way to cook a spud, but in this summer heat who wants to turn on the oven or stand over the stove?
So that’s why I’ve turned to the grill. The grill is meant for much more than just a hunk of steak. I enjoyed a vegetarian meal last night without heating up the entire house by turning on the oven.
And since I'll be traveling up to Aroostook County for the Potato Blossom Fesitval in Fort Fairfield, I figured I would celebrate early!
How to cook potatoes on the grill:
- Use 6 small-medium potatoes, chopped into cubes
- Create an aluminum foil pouch hold the potatoes
- Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Pinch and seal the foil pouch
- Place foil pouch on grill
- Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes
I also enjoyed grilled asparagus and grilled sweet potatoes. I grilled the asparagus using the same foil pouch method. However, I cooked the sweet potatoes directly on the grill by cutting them in half the long way and placing the open face directly on the grill. (You could also try the open face method with a regular potato!)
And finally, I enjoyed everything with couscous!