Every day more and more gluten free products are hitting the shelves as more people discover their intolerance to gluten. For those of you out there who eat gluten free (or at least try to) I know you may feel a void when you have to decline holiday baked goods. So, I will share with you three amazing recipes that will satisfy your holiday sweet tooth and blow those traditional gluten free products out of the water!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Dense & chocolatey! Perfect all the chocolate lovers out there.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 18 (1 ounce) squaresbittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch round cake pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water, salt and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
- Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave oven melt the bittersweet chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Cut the butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate, 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan. To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Blondies
This delicious blondie recipe has a surprising main ingredient: chickpeas! Can you believe it? I got this recipe from CleanEatingSurvivalGuide.com.
- 1/4 cup of chickpeas
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp stevia
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (i usually chop up 70-80% dark chocolate)
Mix ingredients together in a food processor or blender and then stir through dark chocolate chips. Layer in a brownie pan and freeze for 20-25 mins. Make about 6 brownies.
Guilt Free Chocolate Fudge Balls
This recipe also comes from CleanEatingSurvivalGuide.com and uses many natural ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth during the holidays! Minus the guilt!
- 1 Cup of toasted organic almonds
- 1 cup of organic dates
- 1/2 cup of brazil nuts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of honey or brown rice syrup (to make it vegan)
Toast almonds for 10-15 mins in the oven on low heat. Process almonds & brazil nuts in a food processor or blender. Add dates & Chia seeds. Add the cacao powder and honey until processed well. Roll into little balls and roll in coconut. Refrigerate for 25 minutes before serving.