These Contest Rules and Regulations are speciﬁc to the Young & Free Maine Sound Off Music Contest (The Contest).
Definition of terms: for the purposes of this contest the terms “entry” or “submission” refers to original audio file or music video.
By entering the contest, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors. You also agree to comply with all applicable state laws.
- The Contest Sponsors may at any time in their sole discretion disqualify any entrant who: does not meet The Contest eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt The Contest or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsors in relation to The Contest will be ﬁnal and binding on all entrants.
- The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Maine.
- The Contest Sponsors will not enter into correspondence with any entrant except with the selected winners and at the Contest Sponsors’ own initiative.
The “Contest Sponsors” are Maine Credit Union League and Currency Marketing, who both own and operate the Young & Free Maine Program.
- Entry Period of The Contest begins January 14 and closes at 5:00 pm EST on January 28, 2015.
- Public Voting Period of The Contest begins February 2 and closes at Noon EST on February 11, 2015.
- Judging Period of The Contest begins February 11 and will be completed by February 20, 2015
- The Top Five Finalists will be announced on Thursday, February 12, 2015
- Live performance audition required for finalists will take place February 20, 2015 at Main Street Music Studios in Bangor.
- Announcement of the Winner of The Contest will be made on or around February 20, 2015.
- Entries may be submitted by a single person (solo entrant) or by a group.
- A maximum of one (1) entry per eligible solo entrant/group can be entered into The Contest.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Maine.
- At the time of contest close, all solo entrants must be between 18 and 25 years of age. In the case of groups at least one member of the group must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- To be eligible, solo entrants or groups must not currently be under a recording contract.
- Employees, officials, retirees and representatives of The Contest Sponsors and their respective afﬁliates, Credit Unions, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate families of those employees or any persons with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to participate in The Contest. For the purpose of The Contest, “immediate families” is deﬁned as sibling, spouse, mother, father, grandparents, brother, sister, son and/or daughter.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in The Contest.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to The Contest Sponsors for the purpose of The Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- In the event of a dispute, submissions shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry (the “Applicant).
By entering The Contest, you represent and warrant that you:
- Are the original creator of the music and or lyric;
- That the entry meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- Agree that the music entry submitted with the application is being submitted on a non-conﬁdential basis and, the Sponsors may post to a website, use in advertising, or otherwise use that entry in connection with The Contest without compensation.
- Are able and willing to perform the live audition on February 20, 2015 if you are determined a Top Five Finalist.
- Are able and willing to accept the published prizes, in the event you are determined a winner.
One 1st Prize package consists of a $1,000 Gift Certificate at Main Street Music Studios, Bangor. Prize may go towards a recording session, musicians or iTunes prep. The first prize winner will also be awarded a spot to perform live at the Old Port music festival, held in June 2015. Exact details of date/time/venue to be confirmed as available. Other appearance opportunities may also arise.
One 2nd Prize package will be a spot to perform live at the Old Port music festival, held in June 2015. Exact details of date/time/venue to be confirmed as available.
One 3rd Prize package will be the opportunity for a feature interview / video to be published on the Young & Free Maine website.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions). Any costs, taxes and fees associated with accepting and/or using the Prizes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winners.
To be eligible to claim a prize, the Prize Winners must:
- Sign a Release Form declaring compliance with rules, assigning all rights to the submission, to the Sponsors, and releasing The Contest Sponsors, their afﬁliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies from any liability in connection with The Contest or the Prizes awarded.
- Produce valid identiﬁcation and, if requested by The Contest Sponsors, proof of age and photo identiﬁcation.
- Confirm that you are the original creator of the submission and that you own all rights to it and are able to fully assign all rights to The Contest Sponsors as contemplated above.
How to enter
No purchase or entry fees are required to enter or win The Contest.
Enter The Contest during the entry period by visiting YoungFreeMaine.com and fully completing the online entry form and following instructions for presenting your entry.
The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
How winners will be determined
- Top Five Finalists will be determined by: the top four vote-getters in the public vote on the YoungFreeMaine.com site, plus one wild-card pick by the Contest Sponsors. The Top Five Finalists will move on to the judging phase.
- Winners of the prizes will be determined by a judging committee, based on the combination of public vote, live performance audition and on suitability, as determined by The Contest Sponsors and their partners.
Your entry submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for The Contest:
- Must be original music and lyrics
- May be a music video or audio only recording.
- Meet the technical speciﬁcations required for it to be uploaded to, and received by, the contest web site at www.YoungFreeMaine.com by the end of the Entry Period of The Contest.
- Not contain any language or images that conﬂict with any of The Contest Sponsors core values, or otherwise be objectionable to The Contest Sponsors (as determined by The Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- Not contain any content that violates any law or any third party's rights (including trademark, copyright, privacy, personality and intellectual property rights).
- Not promote, depict or refer to any commercial enterprises other than Young & Free Maine.
Prohibited subject matter standards include but are not limited to:
- Sexual subject matter of any nature;
- Political subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive racial/prejudicial subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive religious subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive language of any nature;
- Advertising of any nature;
- Self-promotion of any nature;
- Branded products/services;
- Solicitations, including telephone numbers or services of any nature (e.g., 900 or 800 numbers);
- Affiliation with groups that are determined to be of a “socially unacceptable” nature, including scenes, names or symbols;
- Any graphic design element that might reflect poorly or might engender hostility toward or derision of Maine’s Credit Unions
- The Sponsors reserve the sole right and discretion to interpret these guidelines, and to otherwise deny any subject matter or graphic based on this interpretation.
How to vote
The public may vote for their favorite entry during the Public Voting Period by visiting YoungFreeMaine.com and following the instructions on the contest website. Voting will be open to the general public.
There is a limit of one vote, per person, per legitimate email address. Votes that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be disqualified.
Votes made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artiﬁce to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during The Contest period are automatically void.
The winners will be announced on YoungFreeMaine.com and in the media.
Potential winners who cannot be contacted, despite reasonably diligent efforts, may be disqualiﬁed.
By entering The Contest, you acknowledge that The Contest Sponsors will have the unrestricted and exclusive right to use the submission for purposes of promoting The Contest, including but not limited to, publishing it in an electronic form on the Young & Free Maine website and elsewhere for promotional purposes without further compensation. The Contest Sponsors also have the right to (but are not required to) use each entrant’s name, image, likeness, age, and biographical information in credit along with the submission.
By participating in The Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by The Contest Rules & Regulations, which will be posted and available at YoungFreeMaine.com. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of The Contest Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Contest Sponsors reserve the sole right, and discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating The Contest Rules & Regulations; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of The Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of Young and Free Maine and/or Maine Credit Union League; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Disclaimers, liability, and indemnification
By participating in The Contest, you release and agree to indemnify and hold The Contest Sponsors and their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotional agencies harmless from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in The Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
The Contest Sponsors shall have no liability for any loss or damage of any submissions entered in The Contest or for any other loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from your participation in The Contest.
Privacy/use of personal information
If for any reason The Contest Sponsors cannot run The Contest as planned, (including as a result of bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, infection by computer virus or any other cause that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of The Contest) The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend The Contest. In that event, The Contest Sponsors may determine the winner from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment, or cancel The Contest.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of The Contest rules and regulations and disclosures or other statements contained in any The Contest-related materials, including but not limited to The Contest application form, or point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules and regulations shall prevail, govern and control.
The odds of winning a prize are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received, the total number of votes received for entries and the decision of the judges.
The decisions of The Contest Sponsors in relation to The Contest will be final and binding.
The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify entrants and/or entries that do not comply with these The Contest Rules & Regulations.